I've had some downtime to prepare for the week, and I decided last night to take the opportunity just to go around downtown and take in the sights. And oh, what sights they were. The 16th Street Mall was especially lively, as was LoDo. Parties were happening in clubs across town, conventioneers and tourists were swarming the streets, and some protesters set up camp along some streets. There were more horse-drawn carriages, pedi-cabs, and earth taxis than I have ever seen downtown, and red, white and blue were donning most street lamps and store fronts. Gobo lights projected "Words of Democracy" on the sidewalks and streets along the Denver Pavillions while a Patriotic lighting decor surrounded the big "Denver" sign there.
It was grand.
Today is my training for TIME. I'll be headed downtown via LightRail in the next couple of hours, and then learn what to expect as a TIME intern. After that...who knows? There's a lot to do, though!
I'm still stoked.
I have some pictures up from Washington Week and from my adventure downtown last night:
I'll try and keep this as updated as possible!
~MJ
No comments:
Post a Comment