It's been raining for the past two or so days here in Colorado. No, I mean, it's really been raining. None of this Colorado-style dryness with teasing sprinkles or mild, short downpours. Nope, it's been consistently raining for at least 48 hours. It's almost like the Irish rain I referred to in an earlier post, except the wind hasn't been nearly as horrific in beating down my window or nearly sweeping me off my feet as I walked home.
Still, it's been unsual. And we did have some incredibly stormy weather last weekend -- the rain and the wind combined made me feel like I wasn't in a land-locked state, but rather on some coast and a hurricane was on the way.
I'm not even kidding.
Needless to say, it's been wet. I feel like we're making up for an otherwise dry year by putting the year's record in precepitation in one weekend. Snow even fell west of Denver in the mountains, making this one of the first summers I remember where snow can be seen on the mounatins year-round.
Crazy!
But, sun has finally peeked through the clouds. It happened on my drive into work this morning, and it hasn't let up for almost an hour! The Colorado sun is like the comeback kid -- and I'm a huge fan.
I did enjoy the rain, though, for what it's worth. In some instances, I was reminded of Eire. In others, I just appreciated the comfort that rain provoked. When I was at home, having no cable or internet, it was the perfect excuse to just curl up in a blanket and read a good book (just finished Twilight by Stephanie Meyer).
I'm ready for the week to be slightly cooler than the 90-degree days we had going before the rain (not something I readily miss from a rain-less Colorado), and hopefully the temperate, dry weather will continue next week...WHEN THE DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL CONVENTION IS HERE!
I'm stoked! The city is going to be crazy. Without internet at home, I'm not sure how quick I will be able to blog, but I'm going to try and keep posting. The plan is to have my camera attached to one of my limbs, and eyes open, and a notepad ready to write down any awesome quotes or words to remember specific moments.
It will be a whirlwind. I have friends flying in this week from Washington D.C., which is super exciting since I haven't seen them for a year. Then, this Friday, I'll be helping Washington Week in Review, a PBS show, shoot at DU. This weekend should involve a pool party, a Rockies game, the Media Party at Elitches, and all around-wonder. Sunday afternoon is my traning with TIME magazine, who I'll be working with through the DNC! LC has an event on Monday night, after my TIME shift, that I'll be helping out with, which should include some political people and cool bands.
WOW, I'm totally ready!
~MJ
PS Pictures that I took during this wild rain weekend will be posted later. When I can actually sit down with my laptop, and the internet, at the same time...
No comments:
Post a Comment