Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Convention Update

The convention is getting closer! Every day lately brings with it some new or exciting piece of information about what my life will be like next week.

The biggest update regards next Monday:

I will be serving a day shift with TIME until 3 pm.

From whenever I get to the venue until around 8 pm, I will be volunteering at the Leader's Challenge "Access and Engage" event, registering people and serving beverages. There will be some pretty neat people there (cool politicos and some celebrities, too! go to the LC website for full details...and buy tickets!)

After that, I will be joining some 9NEWS folks at the Rock the Vote Ballot Bash, a huge event with bands, more cool politicos and maybe some celebrities.

Me=beyond stoked!

Throughout next week, I will be blogging as much as humanly possible, hopefully with some pictures and/or video.

It's a great time to be in Denver!

In other news, it was a year ago today I left to Study Abroad in Ireland. Those were the days. If the DNC weren't happening, I think I would miss Eire too much to bear! Anyway, for sentimentality's sake, I'm posting one of my Cork Picasa album (some of the first pictures I took of that wonderful place) off to the side as a tribute to the four months that changed my life. It'll be up for a few days, until the DNC takes over my camera, at least!

~MJ

No comments: