Today held the first in a round of hopefully more interviews with presidential candidates. Steve interviewed a second-tier candidate this afternoon.
I greeted the candidate and escorted him to the green room, and then the studio. He was a chummy man, and kind of warmed my heart in a moment.
What I liked best about the interview is that it wasn't about policy or platform or even his candidacy. It was just about his background, some family stories, and occaisionally about differentiating him from the dozen other folks running for the same nomination.
I think chummy is the term.
I was also close to making it to a Bush press conference today. He was giving an award to a sports team, I believe. But, a security threat prevented the event from going on on time. It wasn't a big deal, but postponed the presser too long for any intern to go. But, I'm on the list for the next one...
And, I mixed up my dates for the Congressional Baseball Game. That's happening next Monday. I apparently didn't look closely enough at my neon-green promotional water bottle for the correct date.
In the meantime, I'm excited to hang out with the other interns this week, and I can't wait to go to the D.C. premier of Michael Moore's new flick, "Sicko." It's a pretty big event, and Moore himself will be there, along with a number of elected officials and press people.
What the heck am I going to wear?!
~MJ
PS I get to research the candidates that will be doing interviews with C-SPAN...which is awesome because it's making it really easy to become an informed voter. Besides research, I get to propose some questions for Steve to ask, and I have been charged from here forward to help powder the candidate before the taping.
:-)
No comments:
Post a Comment