So, I just moved in to my new apartment! It's just west of Colorado Blvd and just minutes (driving or walking!) from the DU campus, which will be great this upcoming school year. It's a cute little studio that was just remodeled...so I have nice new appliances, carpet, and the works! I dont' have internet and cable quite yet, so I'm writing this not in my apartment. Therefore, pictures will be slow-in-coming as well.
Regardless, I'm safe and sound in the new pad, and everyone in my life who has seen it loves it. Sam, Rande, and I went shopping last night at Target to get the essentials (microwave, coffee maker, shower curtain, etc), and they helped me put it all together. It was great! I can't wait to post the pictures!
In other news, I wrote another Truth Test last week that ran yesterday on 9News. I only did the written/web version, while a reporter did the TV version. It was great to work with him on the details, and I think we turned out a good Truth Test. It was again for the 6th Congressional District here in CO, and was an ad regarding two of the Republican primary candidates. It's located here http://www.9news.com/rss/article.aspx?storyid=96567.
I also had the opportunity to watch the 2nd Congressional District primary Democrats debate on 9News' "Your Show" on Sunday. The 2nd CD is my home district, and although I can't vote in the primary, it was nice to see all of the candidates. After watching that, I started a new Truth Test, which will take the majority of my next shift at 9 to complete. When it runs, you'll probably understand why.
Lastly, I also had the opportunity this past Friday to tour the Pepsi Center and its grounds to see the progress made in all of the building for the upcoming DNC (August 25-28). I did the tour courtesy of C-SPAN and shot some video for them. There's no guarantee it will be used, but it was a good learning experience! It was also kind of awesome to go on the rare private tour of the facility, which was definitely once-in-a-lifetime.
Wohoo! New digs and great Truth Tests! And C-SPAN!
Life is good.
~MJ
No comments:
Post a Comment