All that should be said at this moment is that:
I love Tulsa. It is a beautiful city with great energy and friendly people. Unlike other TFA cities, the community welcomed us with open arms and their thirst for change and hopeful hunger is both empowering and inspiring. I found a great apartment (after much stress) with a great roommate (another TFAer). It rests right alongside the Arkansas River and is just a ten minute bike ride (with free bikes!) over a bridge into downtown Tulsa. The weather is obnoxious -- hot and humid, complete with ozone alerts, but I think I can manage!
The NY experience looks like it will be a great one, but absurdly busy. The schedule is a minimum of 16 hour days, if not more, and it looks like it will be trying. I'll be teaching in a 7th grade summer school classroom in Manhattan on July 6! Whoa!
I will try and update the blog whenever possible. Something I learned at induction in Tulsa, however, is that my TFA life is all about so much to do with so little time!
~MJ
No comments:
Post a Comment