Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Good Time for an Amazing Story

I feel like my blogs are just "more to come soon" anymore. I apologize. One of my short-lived patterns is to make Senior year ridiculously busy.

But, I found this YouTube link the other day. It blew me away. Even now, I am amazed. This Scottish woman, auditioning on Britain's Got Talent, is one of the bravest, most inspiring people I have come across. Every time I watch this video, I feel like anything is possible. I feel like the world is trying to teach us all a lesson: to pull back from our judgments, our preconceptions, our doubts, in ourselves and in each other.

It reminds me of that Jack Johnson song, "All at Once." Susan Boyle's story puts a face to these lyrics for me:

I want to take the preconceived/out from underneath your feet/we can shake it off/and instead/we'll plant some seeds./We can watch them as they grow/and with each new beat/from your heart the roots grow deeper/The branches will they reach for what/nobody really knows/but underneath it all there's this heart all alone.

Her song is perfect. Her story is brilliant. Her achievement is profound. Unfortunately, I cannot embed the video due to some controls set by YouTube. But trust me, the link is worth following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

Until next time, when I can relate this to my life and all of the crazy experiences I have had of late,

~MJ

No comments: