Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Greetings from El Salvador!

It´s been a packed few days, but it´s all been in El Salvador!

I´m here, safe and sound -- and loving every minute (mostly -- there are some interesting exceptions).

I don´t have much time to write, but hopefully will be able to blog a little bit here.

In the meantime, do check out this photo album:
Altos des Jardines ~ Day 1


It´s pictures (lots!) from the community we are going to be working with over the next month. We will be working with the youth committee of the community on their environmental awareness campaign. I should have more words about that later.

Also, do check out our group blog (which I will write at more often).

And, you should also know that while I don´t speak Spanish, I have been using it frequently! It´s hard to get around without at least some Spanish, and so my group (and Salvadorans!) are helping me...new vocab every day! But, I have not idea how to write it...so that will be my excuse for not sharing my new skills with you now:-)

The biggest things I´m getting used to, besides language, are food and sanitation. It´s been interesting, but a very great learning experience. More on that later!

Hasta luego (until later),
-MJ (my normal sign off symbol is not on these Salvadoran keyboards! but, ñ is!)

No comments: