Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My boss...saving the day.

News is all about seeking truth and reporting it, right? In addition to doing our job, what about making sure others are doing theirs?

National networks picked up on my boss's interview with Gov. Sarah Palin of the Republican ticket while she was in Denver on Monday. He included a "Question from the 3rd Grade" about what the vice president does. Her answer was pounced on by multiple news networks, speaking about how her definition was constitutionally off-base.

Maybe, maybe not. The kicker is that my boss asked Sen. Joe Biden of the Democrats the same question last week...and his answer also interpreted the constitutional bounds of the veep as broader than traditionally used.

And so, not only has our Westminster third grader received lots of attention due to the Palin answer, 9NEWS is making sure the Biden answer is known, as well. Look for this in the news soon, too!

And, I can officially say...I met Brandon Garcia before all of this (since I gathered the q's...)...so, I knew him when...;-)

In the meantime, here are some great stories about the issue:

from the Rocky Mountain News

from 9NEWS.com

Also, I have a Truth Test up. It has been the most widely-commented story I've ever written! Over 200 comments in 24 hours. The story regards an ad opposing Amendment 48, a proposition on the Colorado ballot that moves to define a person as such at the moment of fertilization. Click here to read about it!

And, the election is officially less than two weeks away!

~MJ

No comments: