Not quite three months ago, I expressed to you that I was upon the vast precipice of opportunity. It would appear that I have fully dived in.
While juggling the unintentionally difficult combination of four classes humanly possible (thus far), I have managed to finalize an application to C-SPAN for a summer internship and firm up my plan to apply for Study Abroad in the fall.
Where? The University College Cork in Cork, Ireland. My focus will be on Literature, European Politics, Gaelic, and random other Irish classes that, well...are just plain interesting. This, of course, will come (hopefully) after my venture in political journalism at C-SPAN in Washington, D.C.
Academically unrelated...Sam Jones and Rande and I have planned a week-long trip to San Francisco in August. Nothing's confirmed, but how could we really turn down the deal we've cooked up ($455/person between train travel, the hostel, and an attraction pass)?
Assuming everything works out, I'll be spending the vast majority of the latter half of the year out of the state, which should dramatically make up for my staying within the borders the majority of the last year and half.
This is the new realm of possiblity that I can tangibly define but can only begin to imagine.
The word? Excited.
~MJ
Photo by me in Cozumel, Mexico; taken August 2005.
No comments:
Post a Comment