Monday, August 10, 2009

Pioneering On

"Today we plant the seeds of a new generation of leadership. Together in strength and solidarity, we shall Pioneer the new frontier."

I saw this on Twitter, and thought it was rather appropriate for my current status in Tulsa.

I am officially beginning my place in the movement to reform education in this city, and I am really excited.

This next week, I am working on my year-long planning, expectations, and gearing up to have students in my classroom. Madison begins classes on Thursday, August 20! I will be teaching 6th, 7th, and 8th Advanced/Gifted English-Language Arts.

Other than that, I am getting settled into my apartment complex (voted the best in Tulsa 2009!) and trying to figure out my life here. In other words, I'm going through the long days known to my life at Institute, except it's a balance between living and working in Tulsa.

That's about all I have to write about right now, although this is barely the tip of the iceberg.

I must return to the work I am here to do, obviously.

Still a Pioneer,

~MJ

PS: I don't know where my camera cord is, so all of the great pictures from this summer and from life here in Tulsa are stuck on my camera. Oops...

No comments: