I won't go into detail here (at least just yet), but being in the last week of NY Institute is a significant moment for reflection.
Hopefully, I will get to do more of that as the days come this week; right now, I am prioritizing sleep, after checking of lesson plans, worksheets, and practice, and food, and meetings.
Life at Institute is filled with 19-20 hour days, great friends, tremendous lessons, and brilliant kids (that just need some guidance on the behavior front). It hasn't always been easy, but I wouldn't have had it any other way.
I will try and post more of my reflections in the next couple of days. I leave back to Denver Friday evening after cleaning up my classroom and moving out of my dorm. I will be home all weekend before driving to Tulsa all day on Monday and moving into my apartment on Tuesday. Wow, a week from today, I will be a Tulsa resident.
After five weeks in Queens, NY, that sounds like heaven: the Tulsa Corps in our new home.
Too bad all of the other corps members I have befriended will be staying out east. I guess that's what social networking and jet planes are for.
Meanwhile, I am looking forward to seeing family, friends, the Rocky Mountains, and finally...my apartment on the Arkansas River.
Life is beautiful.
~MJ
No comments:
Post a Comment