Friday, October 27, 2006

My first Name Drop


So, I don't have an incredible update right now...

But...

(well, this is pretty incredible)

I wrote the "Questions from the 3rd Grade" segment for today's 4 pm broadcast. I wrote it because I was the one who got the answers for this installment---from my C-SPAN teacher, Steve Scully.

You can read about this feature and watch the video here. What's incredible is that Kim Christensen and Mark Koebrich, two of the many amazing people at 9News, mentioned me by name! I don't know if it was Adam, Kim, or Mark, who added that blurb to the script...but, my name was dropped, and Kim and Mark both agreed that I was a good intern! Woot!

Yaaaay.

I have never felt better about this 9News internship. It's not that people are liking my work, but that I'm able to actually do things. For example, besides writing that script today, I hung out with 9News' backpack journalist, Heidi, and covered two press conferences on Amendment 44 (legalizing 1 oz of Marijuana). At the pro-44 conference, I asked a question! Yaaay. Heidi was so helpful and encouraging, and since she does everything herself...she's amazing. Just being able to work with her, Adam, Kim, Mark, and others (many, many others, from editors to web producers to assignment editors) is such a privilege. It must sound as though I'm being overly positive, but really, this is, hands down, on the short list of amazing experiences in my life so far.

Simply incredible.

(you will also notice me in the background of newsroom liveshot in the 44 story...haha).

~MJ

*The picture is one I took today...I'm starting to take pictures of the experience for a scrapbook and to send to my grandma:-)

1 comment:

Susan said...

Mary....I am...really really proud of you! I know you will be someone very important in this world! Keep up to wonderful work!